sexta-feira, 31 de agosto de 2012

There was this one day

years ago, that I was really sad. I don’t remember what for, but I just remember I stayed home and slept all day. Because I didn’t want to leave my house And being awake, Or alive, for that matter, didn’t feel worth it. But I also realized at that moment that everyone else was fine. And people complained about having problems, problems that didn’t matter and wouldn’t tomorrow or ever again. And I just thought… Wow. Life doesn’t stop just because my world does. Strange I know, but I was probably 14. I would cry and I remember calling my grandpa because he’s religious and sometimes when I’m down I feel like the word of God will awaken my spirit or something. So he said to me, “there is this famous Beatles quote, ‘life goes on within you and without you.’” Sometimes when I’m sad I think about that and its impact. So let me rephrase all of this. I wasn’t sad. I was depressed. Sometimes when I just want to sleep all day I think about that. So life passed and I had an experience that changed me forever. I was happy. Happier than I’ve ever been. Happier than I probably ever will be. And I know that sometimes we remember things differently than they actually happened. We forget the bad things after awhile, and we hold onto the memories that make us FEEL… They are so dear to us. Looking at the pictures makes me feel. You know that song, “and our scars remind us that the past is real.” Well sometimes I’m afraid my life is a dream And I’ll wake up And none of this will be real. Sometimes I have to look back at pictures just to reassure myself my memories aren’t manufactured. For me, Pictures remind us that the past is real. And I’d like to live in those pictures forever. I know that life will go on but I can’t help but believe it will never be that amazing again And I’m afraid that most days I’ll just want to sleep. But everyone else will go on Without me.

Sem comentários: